Thursday, September 29, 2011

ouch

Steve and I spent a lot of time on the phone yesterday discussing the timeline of this project. We have friends coming over this weekend, and next weekend we're going on a trip. So we decided the best plan would be to take everything out of the cabinets, remove the doors and prime and paint before the weekend.

So by the time dinner was over the kitchen looked like this...
The only injury of the day happened while removing the drawers.  I was pulling the drawer out and it got stuck. I gave it a good tug and it came unstuck right into my nose.  I have a nice little bump on my nose now but I think I'll survive.

After Everett went to bed we broke open the primer and got to work.  I had never considered how not fun it would be painting the inside of cabinets. We got it done and I'm hoping to get two coats of paint on and the dishes back in the cabinets by Sat. at noon when our visitors arrive.

Here is what the kitchen looks like now.