Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Catching up

I'm a little behind here... not this past Saturday but the Saturday before we put in most of the hardwood floor.
That Sunday morning we ran out to Lowes and picked up counters, a sink and a new faucet. 

When we got home Steve's parents came up and we finished putting in the rest of the floor on the cabinet side of the kitchen.  We also  did some of the detail cutting on the floors. This was tedious and time consuming but it looks good in the end so it was worth it.

Then we brought the base cabinets back in and fastened them to the wall.  

Next we put the big counter on top and tried to figure out where the sink hole would go.  This got complicated and took a long time because it was a tight fit and we only had one chance to make the cut right.

 

Again we lucked out and it worked.  

Then Steve and his Dad made a cut on the small counter to make it the right length to fit.
  

It took forever to get the counters fastened in to the cabinets. I had to stand, and sit on the counters to get them to push into place while Steve screwed them in. I wish I had photos of this, it was quite a scene.  
Finally the sink was in, the plumbing was reconnected and I had a working kitchen.  I'm really happy with how it looks and I can't wait to put the doors on and pick out a back splash.